Coconut rice is one of the items that often appears on the menu of Asian restaurants. If you make this recipe with the help of Ido Fishman Chef, then it will be even more delicious and ready in less time. Because it is very simple to prepare. Essentially, you boil the rice with a mixture of coconut milk and water. Bus. You can make this easy recipe very quickly and easily. If you have rice in your fridge, you will get this 'coconut rice' ready in 29 minutes. If you already have a plan, you can make rice, but if you have a last moment plan, we all know that it does not take much time to make rice.
Have tested several different coconut milks to water ratios for this recipe, and have preferred using 1/3 cup coconut milk in 1 cup of water. Rice can have a very good balance without the aroma of coconut. There are some recipes online that recommend adding 3/4 cup of coconut milk to the rice. I tried using the amount of coconut milk and found it too high. When the rice was eaten, it felt a bit unpleasant to apply coconut cream to my mouth. Certainly, rice was tastier, but one cannot eat it too much at once. This is a South Indian recipe. In South India, many types of fried rice recipes such as coconut rice, tamarind rice, lemon rice, are commonly made. If we talk about the taste of this recipe, these are very simple flavored fried rice with onion, coconut, and peanut flavor. Although nothing else is required with rice, they look very good with curd or raita, after a long tiring day, we want to eat something light and simple but delicious.
Coconut and rice are the main ingredients in it, but apart from these two, it uses peanuts, rye, urad dal, chana dal, green chilies, whole red chili cashew nuts, etc. At the same time, the use of curry leaves makes these rice very aromatic. As the name suggests, coconut is used to make this rice. If you are hungry, you can prepare coconut rice in a few minutes with the help of Ido Fishman Chef.
Preparation Time: 10 MINUTES
Cooking Time: 15 MINUTES
Total Time: 25 MINUTES
For how many people: for 2 people
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 pods cardamom
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 cashew nuts
1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 carrot, finely chopped
- 5 beans, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons peas
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup basmati rice, soak 20 minutes
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons coriander, finely chopped
How to make coconut rice
- First, heat 2 tablespoons oil in the cooker and add 1 teaspoon cumin, 2 pods of cardamom, 1-inch cinnamon stick, 4 cloves, ½ teaspoon fennel, and 1 bay leaf.
- Add 12 cashews and fry until golden brown.
- After this, add 1 onion, 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste, 1 chili and fry till the raw aroma disappears.
- Next, add 1 carrot, 5 beans, and 2 tablespoons peas.
- Do not overcook the vegetables and fry them for a minute.
- Now add 2 cups of coconut milk and mix well.
- Next, add 1 cup basmati rice and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Keep on medium flame and cover and cook the pressure for 2 whistles.
- Now add 2 tablespoons coriander leaves and mix well.
- Finally, enjoy coconut milk casserole with biryani gravy.
There are some tips and variations for the perfect coconut milk casserole recipe. First of all, this recipe tastes good when it is made with basmati rice or any long grain rice. It is being said that you can also make it with Sona Mussoorie, but do not make it by mashing or overcooking it. Secondly, this recipe is made as a pot food in a pressure cooker. It is very easy this way, but not necessarily you have to follow this method. You can also use pre-cooked rice and mix it in the same spice. Finally, this recipe tastes good without any side dishes but tastes great with biryani gravy or simple raita.
- First, if using condensed coconut milk, dilute it with 1 cup of water.
- In addition, you can make pulao nutritious by adding vegetables of your choice.
- Also, if cooking in Kadai, boil for 20 minutes.
- Finally, the coconut milk casserole recipe tastes great when prepared spicy.